Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Guest Post / Kimamely Loves...5 Holy Grail Products

Today's guest post is from the lovely Kirstie over at Kimamely Loves, she will also be one of my December Advertisers and I'd so recommend for you guys to go and check out her blog! She writes some great beauty posts and you may want to join in her "Comment Revolution #5aday"! Thankyou for the awesome post Kirstie, I definitely have my eye on a new addition to my beauty kit now!


If you could rescue 5 items from your current makeup stash from a burning building, what would they be?

This is just the ultimate lip balm for me. It is rich and hydrating, smells amaze (like a hot toddy FYI) and keeps my lips chap-free right the way till morning. It just so happens to be the most expensive lip balm in my stash (ByTerry Baume de Rose so isn't happening at £38!), but it kicks Vaseline and Baby Lips' assess. Rather than creating an oily film, I find it really sinks into the lips to deliver a hit of hydration. I use this at night before going to bed and also post-lip treatment before applying a lipstick. Also, I am loving the new macaroon-inspired coloured packaging, and seriously need to get my hands on the pink one, it's just the cutest!


Highlighter is fast becoming my favourite step in my makeup routine, and it is 99.9% down to this baby. This was kind of an impulse purchase, as I fell in love with the swatch, but I haven't looked back since. This is a seriously lust-worthy golden shimmer highlighter which is so finely milled and looks beautiful on the cheekbones. It is also delivers such a pop to your look if you apply a small amount on the inner corners of your eyes. This is a cult beauty favourite of current times, and there's no denying this baby of its trophy.


Now let's start this off by saying I am not a lipstick person. I love buying them, sure, but day-to-day I just haven't found the formula for me. Well, not until discovering this one! I first saw this gorgeous neutral pink shade on Beth's blog, Birds Words, and I fell for it pretty instantly. The packaging looks and feels way more luxe than its drugstore price tag, and the shade is something to swoon over. It is a beautiful everyday pink that works perfectly with just about any makeup look. But it is the formula that really does it for me. I just find it so moisturising and comfortable on the lips, whilst still being pretty long lasting. This is such a gem of a lipstick!

4) My MAC Pro Palette // £45 (with 4 eyeshadows)

Now this is kinda cheating as it is technically four products. If you aren't familiar with MAC's Pro Palettes, you can buy refill eyeshadows to custom fill either a 4 or 15 pan palette. They also have a similar system for blushes. This is my first experience of MAC shadows and I have found them pretty dreamy to use. My colour selection has been spot on for fall (go me!) and have been using this most days this season. In my palette, from top left, I have Cranberry, Blackberry, All That Glitters and Satin Taupe. You can create so many looks with this selection, but my standout shade has to be Cranberry. It is so richly pigmented and unlike any other shadow I own.

5) MAC 217 Brush // £19

The holy grail of all eyeshadow brushes. I became the proud owner of a 217 this past birthday and yep, I definitely get what all the hype is about. It's a does-it-all beauty that makes any shadow look flawless. Makes me feel like a proper pro!

For more posts like this, check out my blog, kimamely.blogspot.co.uk and follow my twitter account @kimamelybeauty. Thanks for having me Cece!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment