Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Remember, Remember! The Fifth of November!

Happy bonfire night guys! Thought I'd take this opportunity to share with you the well known poem that I'm sure a lot of you will have learnt in school. I can never remember more than the first two lines though!

I won't be doing anything exciting tonight but I did go and see a local Bonfire and Fireworks show on Saturday. I love fireworks, they're so pretty, in fact there's another fireworks show this Saturday so I might just take myself along again!


Anyway here is the poem!

Remember, remember! The fifth of November, the Gunpowder treason and plot; I know of no reason why the Gunpowder treason should ever be forgot! Guy Fawkes and his companions, did the scheme contrive, to blow the King and Parliament all up alive.

Threescore barrels, laid below, to prove old England's overthrow. But, by God's providence, him they catch, with a dark lantern, lighting a match! A stick and a stake for King James's sake! If you won't give me one, I'll take two, the better for me, and the worse for you.

A rope, a rope, to hang the Pope, a penn'orth of cheese to choke him, a pint of beer to wash it down, and a jolly good fire to burn him. Holloa, boys! holloa, boys! make the bells ring! Holloa, boys! Holloa boys! God save the King! Hip, hip, hooor-r-r-ray!

No comments:

Post a Comment